EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Musician Key Baba Reveals The True Story of His Aborted Record Deal With 2Face's Hypertec.


EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Musician Key Baba Reveals The True Story of His Aborted Record Deal With 2Face's Hypertec.

#GreenRaveMediaEnt. one of middle belt Naija's fastest rising media entertainment hub recently featured Sexy Mama crooner Idoma-Benueborn  afro-pop-kind-of-music king Key Baba(formerly Keystuff) in her celebrity star interview section #RaveOfTheMoment.
The Sexy Mama Rave-making art was held down on the hot seat by #GreenRaveMedia hypemaster super star media personality (S.S.M.P) Sunny Green Itodo in a 60 minute exclusive chart where he(Key Baba)  reveals: his aborted record deal with 2Face's Hypertec,his OAP job with Beat FM Lagos,
his studio works (production) for Zoue zoo,Soul E Baba,Seun Kuti(late Fela's son) and the late gospel artist Keffi,
his collabos with Zulezoo,Soul E Baba,Danny Young and others.
HERE IS THE INTERVIEW IN FULL.....

GreenRaveMedia: Good day super star,let's meet you

Key Baba: My full names are Ejoha Nathaniel but musically they call me Key Baba (formerly known as Keystuff)
am from Benue,an Idoma by tribe,Okpokwu local Government to be precise.
GreenRaveMedia: Tell us more about your stage name,how did you came about the stage name?

Key Baba: My initial stage name "Keystuff" was derived from my pet name "Oyigodo"(Key),later as I climb the lader of success, fans added "Baba" to the name "Key" and that is how it gradually metamorphosed to KEY BABA.

GreenRaveMedia: Wow! this is more than just "key"..There is more to the name "Oyigodo" than just an Idoma word for Key, I guest yours is "Key of music" but if am to follow direct interpretation "Key Baba" means Key father!
Both: Hahahahahaha...(Laughs)

GreenRaveMedia:  Basically, What kind of music do you do as in genre of music?

Key Baba: My style of music is Afro pop .

GreenRaveMedia: Who is your mentor and what inspire you?

Key Baba: My role models are my late Dad Sir.Cletus Ejoha,2Face Idibia,Baba Fela and Zulezoo.

Music for me is something I was born with,my late Dad Sir.Cletus Ejoha was a musician/instrumentalist, he and the living Legend Bongos Ikwue started music together back then in Lagos,thou he later drifted into politics but he had massive love for music till he passed on.
That how it(music) was passed on from my elder brothers to myself but right now am the only one keeping it real.

GreeenRaveMedia: Awww! music is in the blood! ,must average Nigerian artists learnt music from street but in your own case "na family thing".
Your father was a musician/instrumentalist and today you are proudly an artist-cum-producer,now tell us,which top artists have you produced?

Key Baba: I have recorded stars like Zulezoo,Soul E Baba,Seun Kuti and the late Keffi to mention a few.

GreenRaveMedia: In our part of the world there is this allusion that musicians don't go to school. the legend 2Face admitted in one of his songs "just because say I no finish school" and D Ebele Papa Timaya himself said "my mama say na school,book no grey enter my head". Yours is it that you go school and you didn't finished? or it didn't enter your head?

Key Baba: Lols, am a graduate of Business Admin.,read Mass Com . @ ND level from Benue State Polytechnic Ugbokolo.

GreenRaveMedia: Wow! wow!! wow!!! interesting! Keystuff,thank you for breaking the jinx.
Now tell us about your work with the Beat  FM Lagos,how was it like?

Key Baba: From 2009-2011 I worked with Beat FM 99.9 Lagos alongside Tools and Olisa as sound engineer.

GreenRaveMedia: The video of your collabo with Zulezoo is out and have raised a lots of missed reactions, now that we have you in our studio we will like to hear from the horse's mouth,tell us about that song,the video and generaly about your songs and albums like how many hits have you chunked outs?

Key Baba: I can't remember all my songs again o,but let me points out to the few that I can remember. From  2014-till-present I have
released songs/albums like Oyigodo,Agwu,Akatamkpa and the album that have been making wave from last year till now "Onihi Ml'okoho".
Chacha is the one I featured Zulezoo Lion. The video was shot at the National Theater Lagos.

GreenRaveMedia: In the early 2000s you almost secured a record deal with 2Face's then newly established label Hypertec that would have land you to stardom and billionaires' club if things wouldn't have gone contrary. Can you please throw more light on your aborted Hypertec deal?

Key Baba: I was supposed to have a record deal with 2baba under his then newly found Hypertec label before my deal and that of  D Natives (HI-Idibia and Aj) were aborted for reasons before known to the Boss(2Baba).

If no at at that time I was already living with 2Baba in his Lekki home,he even played one of my song for his marketer with Kenis and told him that the song was recorded under Hypertec and the marketer said that my song is good that it just need little mastering but then all of a sordidly everything changed, I couldn't believe what was happening the same way I couldn't believe I was going to be a millionaire in days time at the moment he first make the move of signing me alongside his brother HI-Idibia.
I felt it like mad, so I had to leave Lagos to Benue.

GreenRaveMedia: After the aborted Hypertec deal and your departure to Benue,what was the way forward?

Key Baba: on my arrival (to Benue) many people advised me to go to my late Dad's friend Dr.Bongos Ikwue to savage my career but I decided to just move on, and I opened a studio in Benue state. The likes of Mr.Klef Productions,Benue Boy and other top Benue, South producers all learnt music production either directly from me or from the people I taught.
I was the first person to record the fastest rising Benue indigenous rapper Meddy alongside his then partner Opshun2 by then their group was called D'Raptures.

GreenRaveMedia: Wow! I love your dexterity,ordinarily, one would expect that that will be the end of your music career after such a major blow but how you overcame is amazing.
But since your aborted record deal and your move to Benue state, have you taken any major national undertaking?

Key Baba: Yea, since then I have had some great collaboration with national heavy weight artists like Sound Sultan,Soul E Baba,Danny Young and off course Zulezoo of Africa.


GreenRaveMedia: tell us about your recent move to Makurdi and What are you working on  presently?

Key Baba: Any one that have been following me,we know that am currently promoting my latest hit track "SEXY MAMA" feat Koboko. The song is a danceable jam in English with a mixture of Idoma and Tiv. I was born in Gboko Tivland ,I  grew up there so I sings in Tiv too. I am currently in Makurdi for the promotion of the Master hit "Sexy mama" which satisfy both Benue and non-Benues alike. Am also doing posters and billboards as part of the promotion.
Download Sexy Mama by Key Baba ft Koboko http://www.maxyboygist.blogspot.com

GreenRaveMedia: What word do you have for your fans and supporters?

Key Baba: I wana say thank you for your supports,keep supporting and believing in the brand Key Baba. For those of you upcoming artists looking up to me be focused, be hardworking, be creative, believe in yourself, be consistent, be patient and be prayerful.

For bookings and enquiries, contact #GreenRaveMediaEnt. @IamSunnyGreen @sunnygreen_official Whatsapp +2348142663390 Email Sunnygreenidomahouse524@gmail.Com .

Download Sexy Mama by KEY BABA ft KOBOKO>>LISTEN/DOWNLOAD

Comments

Popular Posts